Friday 30 November 2012

The electric feeling

This week at college we've been doing illustration, which was probably my favourite (and last) topic! We were given a brief with five questions/prompts on it, one of which we had to choose and illustrate. I (and most people) chose Explain out of body experiences. I found a really interesting website by the Out Of Body Experience Research Foundation , which contained loads of testimonials from people who claim to have had out of body experiences. Some were cheesy, some were baffling, but regardless of whether they were "genuine" or whatever, I found them poetic and many provided some interesting imagery.  Here are a few examples of my intial ideas, which culminated in a series of four posters and a little zine.
This is actually a quote from an interview with Roger McGough, about a kind of false/altered memory he has.
Nice scanning skillz
This is just a little taster, as scanning and editing is laborious!
I hope your week has been as fun as mine :) xx

2 comments: