Thursday 9 February 2012

pom poms




I 'snazzed up' (ha) this shimmery gold top today by adding some tiny little pom poms, using my trusty glue gun! I bought the top in the Topshop sale a few weeks ago and have only worn it once, as I love the colour and the texture but there was just something about it that left me uninspired. It's not often that I buy things from high-street shops, partly because I think some of them are unethical and morally dubious, but also because the items in there aren't one-of-a-kind, and sometimes if I buy something that is very on trend I tend to get bored of it quickly. Anywho, I'm sat here in all my customised things; this top, a flower crown and my detachable collar: all dressed up with nowhere to go...




DIY aside, pom poms is also the title of my favourite song by Scout Niblett, I love the line "Everybody needs someone to spell out their name." So true.

No comments:

Post a Comment