Friday 24 February 2012

Acid Brass






Every once in a while I will see a programme or exhibition, or read an article or something, that really reminds me just why I love art.
Today I watched a Culture Show documentary on Jeremy Deller, it was SO GOOD! I just really love his work. I like how he creates these non-traditional, unsaleable (um, yeah, apparently that's a word) conceptual art works, without being a complete dick about it. He just seems so friendly and down to earth, and even though he works in mediums which the 'average joe' (ha) might not recognise as art, he's totally inclusive and not elitist at all.
I'd really like to go to his exhibition at the Hayward that's on soon, particularly to see his bat film (title?), which just looks so intense and beautiful.

Also, I had my art foundation interview today and got in. Yay! So I just feel really excited and inspired now. I think I'll go watch the documentary again! Eeep.

No comments:

Post a Comment