Tuesday 6 December 2011

Flower Crowns #2















Part of the Christmas gift I'm giving my friend this year is a flower crown (along with some other little goodies, but sshhhh). After creating a prototype (see below) I have made the final crown (above), which I think is pretty damn good, even if I do say so myself!

I then went to town to get some photos of myself wearing it in a photobooth. It was quite annoying though when I got there. Before inserting my money I had a look through the types of photo you could get and the choice was pretty shite. You could get 5 passport size and 5 for 'other ID' size in one range, so I clicked on the 'fun' range which was either one big portrait of you and your friends, 16 tiny little photos or one with a frame. Each of which cost £5! When did photobooths stop doing the usual strips of 4 or so photos, all different, so that you and your friends could pile in and take silly snapshots? So I ended up getting the passport style photos, which I am going to use in some art for the zine.

Someday I would like to build my own analogue photobooth, complete with red velvet curtain, but I think that day is pretty far off....

No comments:

Post a Comment