Thursday 26 April 2012

Go chase the wild and night time streets...

Today has been pretty swell. I woke up early and went to town, and as the sun was out we walked through the park, which was refreshing. There was this beautiful tree whose branches were stooped to the ground, pregnant with blossom, which I picked and swirled into the air like confetti. After some dull banking we went to some charity shops where I bought this silky chinese-style dress and a candy pink plaid cotton one, which reminds me a little of Lolita, or at least how I imagine her in my head.
Then we popped into the library, where I withdrew Bande à Part and a book on art and feminism that looks amaaaaazing. After that I just lazed around and day dreamed about a project I'd like to start in a few months, to organise a small artist-run gallery/space where I could show the work of students in the local sixth forms/colleges/university and hold community events like zine fests and craft evenings. Of course I'd need funding and generous volunteers to make it work, so I'll try and recruit some people when I begin art foundation. I've only really had the idea today, so it's at that airy, ethereal, intangible phase where anything feels possible. Like Schrodinger's cat: only by lifting the lid, putting myself out there and hoping for the best can I find out whether it will live or die.
(I've also started on issue two of Grin and Bear It, above)





No comments:

Post a Comment